Board index MotorCity Forum EMICOOL

EMICOOL

Post 04 May 2009, 16:09
maxkalla Forum Regular

Resident: Other
Hello Tenants

Today we came to know that EMICOOL ( Air condition service provider of Uptown) is charging heavily.
First we pay a security deposit of AED 1500/-
Plust annual service charge of 3600 aed
Plus the consumption charges.

Is anybody aware of this? Please comment.

Thanks

Max
SKH 2215

Post 04 May 2009, 18:45
chsaqib Forum Regular

Though security deposit is refundable but you will not have it back unless you sell your property, so this should be considered one time payment rather than refundable deposit. Fixed service charges are most probably to cover the cost of Emicool's infrastructure but it is OK to pay only when the consumption charges are much lower as compared to normal chiller charges. If district colling is not going to be of any benefit to owners, then what is the use of having it, then why not having normal chillers like any other property.

AED 13 maintenance charges are already very high and then fixed charges of Emicool without any assurance that its usage will be cheaper is going to be another burden. I dont think district cooling consumption is going to be cheaper than normal chiller charges or windows A/C charges, may be on a higher side depending on the arrangement of Emicool with DEWA.

I missed out the meeting on Friday as i had to travel but i suggest to take up all these issues not only with RERA but also with senior management of UP. i am sure if these issue are raised collectively, RERA and UP will do something abt it. UP should at least let us have a look at the budgets of maintenance and Emicool plus the rates, which emicool will be charging us for consumption. It would be great if all those who have received handover notice, fix one day and go to RERA and UP in order to resolve these issues. People who have not yet received handover notice cant do much about it.

Post 05 May 2009, 11:26
burhanunalan User avatar
Forum Veteran

Is the annual charge calculated based on the sqft? If so, whats the rate per sqft?
I mean whats the basis of AED 3600 service charge?

Though security deposit is refundable but you will not have it back unless you sell your property, so this should be considered one time payment rather than refundable deposit.

As a tenant, the first registration, shall the landlord pay the security deposit?
Burhan

Reduce Reuse Recycle
Save the earth!

It's the only planet with chocolate

Post 07 May 2009, 12:33
Mason Forum Veteran

Emicool is a subsidiary of UP. They are ripping us of with these outrageous costs.

I had to pay AED 4950 (approx) for a year charge plus deposit of AED 2000 + monthly consumption charges, let alone maintenance fees of 22,000 annually.

Daylight robbery.

Reg,
Mas

Post 07 May 2009, 12:54
catsboss Forum Regular

Mason

Which property do you have, and what is the size of it,
is the charges calculated on the BUA or by unit type?

thanks

Post 07 May 2009, 14:29
maxkalla Forum Regular

Mas

yeah this is daylight robbery , no wonder why dubai is loosing the charm. Investors are scared because they never know what is going to come next.

Post 07 May 2009, 14:51
Mason Forum Veteran

Hi catsboss!

1) Sherlock House 2 - size 1658Sq.ft
2) Charges are calculated on building name and number of bedroom regardless of size.

Reg,
Mas

Post 07 May 2009, 14:57
Mason Forum Veteran

Max - not much to say really. But i heard that Rera might bring down the fees of AED 13 per sq.ft maybe to 10.

Reg,
Mas

Post 07 May 2009, 15:16
catsboss Forum Regular

Guys

UP are charging the green Community at AED 9 only, why we are charged 13? and if it is 13, then no EMICOOL should be charged, the fees should include everything.

Post 07 May 2009, 15:28
Mason Forum Veteran

I guess we should wait for rera's decision to see what we should do next.

However, i am optimistic that rera will not approved this figure.

Post 09 May 2009, 00:07
shadow Forum Veteran

Resident: Owner
if Rera is still in the process of reviewing it.. what will happen to the ppl who have already deposited their money?

:S

Post 09 May 2009, 11:57
catsboss Forum Regular

As i understand from UP, after they will confirm the fees, then they will refund some amounts, but you'v paid till the end of December only, which means that they can consider the balance and use it in 2010

Post 20 May 2009, 16:10
sharifak Forum Newbie

Hello Tenants

Thaking you for notifying me for the payment of the Emicool. i wasn`t aware of the maintainance fees of the Emicool.

This is very bad as it is a very huge paymeny when it comes to Maintainence. First the Community Maintainence, the security Deposit and now the Emicool Maintaince.

I am waiting for the RERA Decision and i hope for the best. if at all this doesnt work, this should be taken to the Managment of the UP by all the Owners of the UP.
Regards,
Sharif

Post 28 May 2009, 12:44
ralphrau Forum Veteran

There are THREE types of cooling charges from Emicool

ONE - This is the AED 3.00 psf (approx) for cooling the common passage areas and basement parking. It has nothing to do with the covered area of your apartment. I presume "they" take the ESTIMATED cost of cooling all passage areas and the basement. Then "they" need some basis to allocate this total cost. So "they" take total lived in area of all apartments (which arguably could include the terrace which is also private usable area) and use that to divide the total cost and arrive at a psf (per sq ft) cost.

TWO - This is AED 3.00 psf (approx) and represents the ESTIMATED FIXED cost of providing a base mininum level of cooling to all private closed spaces of your apartment. It is intended to cover the base level of operating costs of EMICOOL even if no one ever switches on their air-con. The larger the apartment the greater the volume of air that needs to be cooled.

THREE - This is the VARIABLE cost of cooling and depends on how long your air-con is switched on. This would be around AED 0.50 to AED 1.00 psf

Depending on usage the FIXED + VARIABLE cost could be AED 3.50 (3.00 + 0.50) to AED 4.00 (3.00 + 1.00)

So ALL IN ALL EMICOOL WILL EARN ABOUT AED 6.50 TO AED 7.00 psf from your closed area. THIS IS DAYLIGHT ROBBERY. There is no kinder word to describe this EXPLOITATION of their "EXCLUSIVE COOLING RIGHT"

Hopefully we Freehold Owners will get some transparency not only in EMICOOL charges but also the base DEWA charge of AED 4.00 psf for the privelege of a DEWA connection. The actual lighting for common areas and for your apartment will be over and above the AED 4.00.

I hope the day of transparency comes soon.

Post 31 May 2009, 19:48
shaikh Imran Forum Newbie

What is the action that OA is considering to take besides waiting for the Rera to revert.

Post 31 May 2009, 20:48
azampasha Forum Regular

Hi All

RERA cant do anything as of now

Regards
Azam
Last edited by azampasha on 21 Jun 2009, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

Post 21 Jun 2009, 11:10
lahore1 Forum Newbie

Can anyone please advise me whats the average consumption charges for a two bedroom apartment.
Thanks.

Post 22 Jun 2009, 12:56
ralphrau Forum Veteran

Kindly see my post of 28-May.

Based on the experience of tenants at DI Park the VARIABLE cooling cost would be AED 0.50 to 1.00 psf of closed space per annum. A 2 bedroom with 1230 (excluding balcony) would be 1,230 x0.50 = AED 615 per annum. Bills will be lower in winter (0.00 pm) than in summer (100.00 pm).

Keeping a/c on continuously, leaving doors open while a/c on etc would result in higher charges.

Emicool has not provided any billing yet. I called Emicool ( 04-8852452) and they said they are trying to get the billing done and expect to issue bills by July. I understand from the Emicool technician (Mr Ramir 050-5572955) that the chilled water meter is located just outside the apartment door above the false ceiling. Need to have a look and keep track of my consumption and match to the billing!!!

kselseise Forum Newbie

One of my friend living in Motorcity has told me that he has not paid for Emicool charges but his AC is working fine! is this possible?

opus Forum Regular

Mine wasn't until I paid Emicool - and even then it took 48 hours for it be connected.

ralphrau Forum Veteran

This is unethical. If you do not pay your bills - your neighbours will end up paying your share.

Its like staying in the apartment without paying rent to the landlord ?

burhanunalan User avatar
Forum Veteran

to be honest, against the emicools "ethical" pricing for the service, I would use it without paying any fills for sure.
:)
but damn i was not so lucky!
Burhan

Reduce Reuse Recycle
Save the earth!

Post 25 Jun 2009, 09:00
TeePee Forum Newbie

Hi Guys, I dont mind paying, but we cant get the AC working in our units, does any one have the same hot room temps and no one seems to be able to fix it. We have said we want to opt out of Emicool and put in Split AC's but were told by UP we cannot as our agreement forbids anything to be put on the balcony. So we seem to have to sweat it out

Post 25 Jun 2009, 09:18
burhanunalan User avatar
Forum Veteran

TeePee wrote:
Hi Guys, I dont mind paying, but we cant get the AC working in our units, does any one have the same hot room temps and no one seems to be able to fix it. We have said we want to opt out of Emicool and put in Split AC's but were told by UP we cannot as our agreement forbids anything to be put on the balcony. So we seem to have to sweat it out

your agreement supposed to include the clause : "... unless the developer/contractor fails to complete facility"
As a global right, not only for UAE, if you are limited and provided with a limited service, and in case the service fails without
proper support you DO have the right to take measures and proceed.
In case EMICOOL can not fix it and satisfy you with the current condition you can arrange split A/C in your balcony.
As an advice, just put it in the balcony and hide it with plants or any other stuff.
;)

Actually I am also not that happy with Emicool's performance.
I do not feel if it is blowing air or not. Just can make the environment confortable enough to sit.
But can not cool it down as expected.
Burhan

Reduce Reuse Recycle
Save the earth!

Post 25 Jun 2009, 10:29
Gemini Forum Regular

Resident: Owner
Must we activate EMICOOL, maybe we just install window or split ACs. I am sure the cost over a period of time would be more reasonable and we would be free from arbitary rate hikes and other possible hidden costs

Next

Return to MotorCity Forum